Sunday, December 28, 2008

A new blog beginning.

If one knew nothing of how my mind works they would just need to read the title of my last blog entry: "Day 2: I may get addicted yet." Clearly the addiction didn't stick. I can be quite forgetful and though I mentally blog often it never quite makes it to print.

Christmas break has been wild. Wild like a buffet--lots of variety, and I am full. Well, I mean there is always room for another friend. Maybe the better word for my appetite is "satisfied" yet sitting back and clearing the way for dessert. Is the best yet to come? One can only hope for chocolate.

One of my favorite things this Christmas break has been my niece's fear of all things Santa Clause. Every time she sees a Santa she goes into fits of horror. Christmas Eve I said, "Emmie, Santa comes tonight." She shrunk back in fear. I asked "Are you scared of Santa?" With trembling voice and a serious stare, she replied "Yeah."


Christmas morning I discovered something in my alley that made me think twice about Emmie's fear. Maybe Santa did have some anger management issues.

Seriously, someone left the mutilated head of a deer in our alley. We imagine the scene went something like this:
Blitzen: Santa, I think you've gained some weight.
Santa: What did you say to me?
Blitzen: Nothing, forget it.
Santa: I've had just about enough you back-talkin' Blitzen...
......I won't get in to the violence that followed. This is a family friendly blog.

Aside from that unfortunate incident. Christmas has been a success. We survived Santa.


On to a Happy New Year!



No comments: