Thursday, August 21, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Summer

Well, here I am on what is basically my last night of what I have known this year as "summer." My body is scheduled to go to bed about 3am, so I'm at quite a loss as to what to do. Thus, a blog is born from the womb of boredom.

Summer has never been as easy thing for me to casually walk away from. This summer was no exception (the other day I texted "acception" to Jordan, still ashamed). It was such a big ball of unexpected delight, in so many ways. Not to say, there weren't really awful moments. There were, but I feel blessed by the things that brought joy and the proof that life goes on.

Friendship is a bit of an addiction of mine. How lucky I feel to continually meet people who are so talented at that particular art. Friendship is an art, and some people simply rise to the occasion. Thank you to those that do.

Side note to the blog: When I type, I become ridiculous. Best thing to do is enjoy.

Tomorrow, I plan on compiling a rather lengthy list of favorite summer memories. Basically, I'm a girl, and some things should not be forgotten.

So, tonight as I sat here...crying, yes, weeping that summer is over, my mom came in and got emotional with me. It was a moment until she said "Rebecca, you danced......I know I say it a lot, but it's like the song 'I hope you daaaaaaaaaaance, um, if you get the chaaaance to sit it out or daaance I hope you daaaaance.'" If you know my mother you are aware that the moment was killed and I had to laugh. For some reason that song really gets her and she uses it in life examples all the time. (Jennifer, you know) Anyway, she was crying b/c she was so happy her basement got used as much as it did this summer. She just knew that faux brick wall we put in was worth it. Maybe it was, Becky, maybe it was.
Love her, and that's a good thing. It's just me and the rents on the horizon this fall.

Peace.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I flippin love you and I'm sad the summer is over. But I'm glad we can be blog-buddies. I see that we picked the exact same layout. Coincidence? I think more than that. And I'm still a little confused as to why you didn't join in with your mother, "I hope you daaaance..."